Rachel Rudich has been studying, performing and teaching shakuhachi for nearly 20 years. You can study with her from anywhere in the world via online lessons.
If you want to start studying the shakuhachi, are a total beginner, or are already on your shakuhachi journey, simply contact Rachel here to inquire about lessons and rates.
Instruction is offered via any platform that suits you best: Skype, Facetime, or Zoom. Rachel is also skilled in using Jamulus or Quacktrip software programs to enable non latency duet playing. She can guide you through equipment choices and hooking up to these technologies.
- Shakuhachi lessons at all levels from Total Beginner to Intermediate
- Basic sound production and tone development
- Traditional repertoire (folksongs and honkyoku)
- New sounds for shakuhachi (improvisation, special effects, modern repertoire)
- Posture analysis and injury prevention